From teaching staff to vulnerable children, we are pleased to provide you with simple prayers for schools. The survival and success of our next generation depends on how efficient the school teachers and environments are, guardians, people in authority ( i.e. the government) and our prayers. So let us pray that God will move in the minds and hearts of government officials to release the schools from unreasonable expectations.
These prayers for school focus on a variety of needs including safety, purpose, focus, faith, and more! In praying these prayers, they will sense in palpable and deeply personal ways the care-filled love of the Good Shepherd who knows them by name. In the end, the goal is simply to pray as one can and when one can, trusting always that the Spirit prays in and for us when we can no longer find the right words or even the will to pray. Join us as we pray together for our schools, students, and teachers, academic and non-academic staff. Join us as we pray together for our schools, students, and teachers, academic and non-academic staff.
Prayer For Schools and Colleges
O Eternal God, bless all schools, colleges, and universities [and especially ___________], that they may be lively centers for sound learning, new discovery, and the pursuit of wisdom; and grant that those who teach and those who learn may find you to be the source of all truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer For Colleges and University
Guide our colleges and universities as they accommodate the necessary changes to admissions, and act fairly and justly in these circumstances. May Your peace and protection surround them. AMEN.
Prayer for School Administrators
O God, you who have promised wisdom to all who would ask it, we pray today for school administrators, that you would grant them clarity of mind, unity of spirit, strength of will, a heart of wisdom and the gift of your truth-bearing Spirit, so that they might be enabled to make decisions that lead to the flourishing of their teachers, staff, and students and to the wellbeing of the whole community. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Prayer For Young School Children
- We pray for all children who will be made more vulnerable through the closure of schools, and families who will really struggle with the lengthy time confined to homes, with dwindling resources.
- MAY our communities support those schools and nurseries remaining open to look after the most vulnerable children, and those in key worker families.
- We pray for all children and young people as their schools and colleges close – especially those anxious and fearful of what the next few weeks and months might be like – those for whom their school is a constant safe space.
Prayer For Education
Almighty God, the fountain of all wisdom: Enlighten by your Holy Spirit those who teach and those who learn, that, rejoicing in the knowledge of your truth, they may worship you and serve you from generation to generation; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the same Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer For Teachers
- O Lord, you who are the Good Teacher, I ask that you would help me to love my students well this day and to be patient with things that don’t go according to plan. May I help my students to feel afresh the wonder of our subject matter, to be humble in the face of ignorance, to be gracious with themselves in the light of mistakes that they may make, to delight in things newly discovered, and to love the truth with all their hearts and minds, so that they might be wise and compassionate citizens of this world that you so love. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
- We pray for Head Teachers, Principals and all leaders in education, managing their provisions under increasingly difficult circumstances. Grant them wisdom, compassion, clarity, strength, resilience and lots of encouragement and support. In Your name we pray.
- Strengthen teachers with heavy workloads. May they be firm, yet patient, expecting excellence but forgiving mistakes.
May they support their students, playing to strengths, helping with struggles and motivating them to do their best.
Prayer on Behalf of Teachers
O Lord, you who have called and equipped the teachers in our community, we pray for them today. Watch over them, provide for them, guide them, sustain them. May you be their sun and shield, so that they might do the work that you have entrusted to them and sense your care in these uncertain times. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Prayer For Back To School
Loving Father, Thank you for all who are part of our school. Please grant them your encouragement, wisdom and peace.
Prayer For Students
Father, please pour out Your blessings upon our whole school community so that everyone grows in the knowledge of Your truth, love, wisdom and peace. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
Prayer for a New School Year
As the School Year Begins Lord Jesus Christ, as a child, you increased in wisdom and stature, you listened to your teachers and asked them questions. Bless those who learn that they may grow in the knowledge of their Maker, Redeemer, Life-giver, and of your glorious world we live in. Bless those who teach, that they may share the wisdom they have received from above and that they may do their work with patience and love that reflect your mercy that endures forever.
Prayer For Exam
We pray for all year eleven (GCSE) and year thirteen (A Level) pupils especially, for whom the coming days continue to be uncertain, even though they know exams will not take place in May / June. May they know how treasured they are, and how all their hard work is not wasted; may their goals still be achieved, especially plans for September onwards.
Prayer For Student Grades
Heavenly Father, we pray for students within universities colleges – particularly those worried about their courses, their grades, and whether they’ll be able to get home – especially overseas students, a long way from home. May everyone be granted a safe journey, or a safe place to stay, surrounded by warm-hearted hospitality. Amen.
Prayer For Home Schooled Student
Dear Jesus, you who promise to be with me always, I pray that you would be with me at home today as I do my schoolwork. Please help me to do my best, help me not to feel alone, and help me to be with patient with my family. Give me joy this day, and thank you for loving me from head to toe. In your name. Amen.
Prayer For Bullied Student
Comfort and restore those living under shadows of unhappiness, abuse, pain or fear. May many find faith discovering their identity in You and knowing Your amazing grace in their lives.
Prayer For School Workers
LORD, thank you for all who work in education – and who give their all to serve the young people in their care – may each one know that they are valued and appreciated for who they are, and may they know the gratitude of so many for their work, especially during these testing days. Strengthen each one today, Lord. In Your name we pray.
Prayer For Academic Success
Heavenly Father I pray that you will give me the guidance that I need to have fun while still maintaining a schedule of proper study and needed rest. Help me to know that sometimes I need to “bow out” of a particular social event in order to meet the needs of academic success. Protect me as I seek your help in scheduling time for everything. I love you Father and pray this in Jesus name, Amen.
Prayers For Education Bible Verse
- Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. — Proverbs 22:6
- Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. — 1 Timothy 4:12
- “A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher.” — Luke 6:40
Prayer For High School/College Students
O Lord, you who promise to be with me always, be with me this day as I begin my schoolwork. Keep me in health, I pray, and keep me from harm. In all that I do and say, may I love you with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength, and may I love my neighbor as myself, so that I might fulfill your purposes for me and your calling on my life as a student. In Christ’s name. Amen.