There is power in prayer. Prayer binds Satan and can pierce darkness along with using our faith. Jesus Christ took the enemy and destroyed him at Calvary—meaning we have the power through prayer to fight and prayer for protection.
As humans we get hurt sometimes by people around us or far away. Whenever we’re wronged or observe injustice—whether being slandered against or watching in horror — we must refrain from giving ourselves over to hatred and contempt. Here are powerful prayers to say in situations when people hurt or persecute you or your family.
Prayer Of Reconciliation With Our Enemies
O God, the Father of all, whose Son commanded us to love our enemies: Lead them and us from prejudice to truth: deliver them and us from hatred, cruelty, and revenge; and in your good time enable us all to stand reconciled before you, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Short Prayer For Enemies
- Do not let the false and hurting words of the enemies to touch me. Amen.
- God, hear my voice. Lord, listen to my prayer. Amen.
- God, I can rely only on you this hard hour and only you can save me. Amen.
- Help me to recognize their bad intentions. Amen.
- Please don‘t let evil destroy and triumph over my life. Amen
- Protect me from devastating enemies’ actions. Amen.
- Save me from my enemies and their evil ways. Amen.
- The Law of God – direct us. Amen.
- The Light of God – surround us. Amen.
- The Love of God – enfold us. Amen.
- The Mind of God – guide us. Amen.
- The Power of God – protect us. Amen.
- The Presence of God – watch over us. Amen.
- Wherever we are – God, be our strength and harbour. Amen.
Prayers Against Our Enemies
Heavenly and Almighty Father, help me to be strong when others attack. Instead of responding in anger, remind me to pray for my enemies. To pray for your blessing and peace over them, for their hurting hearts to mend. For evil spills out of a hurting heart, a heart that is distant from you, Lord. Keep me close to you, Lord, and help me only say kind words and pray for your blessings over everyone – even those who speak unkindly to me. Help me to never repay evil with evil, but to always turn from evil and do good. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
Praying For Your Enemies Bible Verse
- But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you — Matthew 5:44.
- No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from me, declares the LORD.” — Isaiah 54:17
- Make them bear their guilt, O God; let them of all by their own counsels, because of the abundance of their transgressions cast them out, for they have rebelled against you. —Psalm 5:10
- You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. — Genesis 50:20
- Cover their faces with shame so that they will seek your name, Lord. Let them be put to shame and terrified forever; let them perish in disgrace. May they know that you alone—whose name is the Lord—are the Most High over the whole earth. — Psalm 83:16-18
- “The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.” — Psalm 121:7-8
- Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”— Romans 12:19.
- “In your anger do not sin”. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, — Ephesians 4:26
- Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. — Ephesians 4:32
- Rise up, Lord! Confront him; bring him down. With your sword, save me from the wicked. With your hand, Lord, save me from men, from men of the world whose portion is in this life: You fill their bellies with what you have in store; their sons are satisfied, and they leave their surplus to their children. — Psalm 17:13-14
Prayers For Protection From Enemies At Work
- Today, I decree and declare that I are a spell breaker, no curses that run over bloodlines can stand the blood of Jesus, all generational curses are being thrown over a cliff. In Jesus mighty and matchless name, AMEN!!
Prayers For Enemies At Work
- FAVOUR is my name………….the devil has nothing on me! he only has one option, either to be beaten or be beaten he was, he is and he will remain a loser…
Prayers For Enemies Defeat
- In the mighty name of Jesus I overthrow all transaction contrary to my breakthrough, every power jamming answers to my prayers disappear, by the blood of Jesus I shake down the seat of darkness in my heavens, I reject the power of satanic human government over my finances IN THE NAME OF JESUS!
- Give me the grace, not only to truly forgive all my enemies but also to bless those who persecute me, for in so doing I see a dim reflection of Your enormous grace towards me, for which I praise and thank You. In Jesus’ blessed name, Amen.
Prayer For those who suffer for the sake of Conscience
O God our Father, whose Son forgave his enemies while he was suffering shame and death: Strengthen those who suffer for the sake of conscience; when they are accused, save them from speaking in hate; when they are rejected, save them from bitterness; when they are imprisoned, save them from despair; and to us your servants, give grace to respect their witness and to discern the truth, that our society may be cleansed and strengthened. This we ask for the sake of Jesus Christ, our merciful and righteous Judge. Amen.
Prayer To Love Difficult People
Father, I am so thankful that You love me – rough edges and all. Please help me to love others in the same way. Amen. – Mary Southerland
Prayer To Forgive My Enemies
- Heavenly Father, thank You for the example of Jesus Who cried — ‘Father forgive them on the cross’. Help me to be one that freely and willingly prays forgiveness over those who are my enemies, and those who, for whatever reason, dislike or try to harm me. Amen.
- Forgive my enemies Lord, and all those who have tried to hurt or harmed me. Look down in pity on all those who I term ‘enemies’ and give me the grace to show them the love of Christ in my actions and attitudes towards them. Keep my thoughts from becoming resentful or seeking revenge, but rather release in my heart the peace that only comes from casting all my cares on You, including my enemies. Amen.
Prayer To God For My Enemies
Lord, I thank You that even the people in our lives who despise and ill-use us have a divine purpose in Your perfect plan, in that it drives us back into Your arms of love. From here, we can lift them up to Your throne of grace in prayer, asking for their forgiveness and salvation and releasing in us any pent-up hatred or bitterness that is so damaging to our souls and well-being. Amen.