Well Deserved Justice Prayers: Is someone stumbling upon you right or are you going through something unjust right now, and you need a Scriptural prayer for justice? In this posts are simple words of prayers to say to God concerning your situation.
Short Prayers For Justice
- May we come to live in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- O God, the King of righteousness,
lead us in the ways of justice and peace,
inspire us to break down all tyranny and oppression, to gain for every person what is due to them.
May each live for all and all care for each. — William Temple (1881–1944), adapted
Prayer For Social Justice
- Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every human heart [and especially the hearts of the people of this land], that barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds cease; that our divisions being healed, we may live in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Almighty God, you have created us in your own image: Grant us grace fearlessly to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression; and, that we may reverently use our freedom, help us to employ it in the maintenance of justice in our communities and among the nations, to the glory of your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Simple Prayers For Justice
- Almighty God, guide the nations of the world into the way of justice and truth,
and establish among them that peace which is the fruit of righteousness,
that they may become the Commonwealth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Grant us, Lord God, a vision of your world as your love would have it:
a world where the weak are protected, and none go hungry or poor;
a world where the riches of creation are shared, and everyone can enjoy them;
a world where different races and cultures live in harmony and mutual respect;
a world where peace is built with justice, and justice is guided by love.
Give us the inspiration and courage to build it, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Almighty God, you have given all peoples one common origin, and your will is to gather them as one family in yourself. Fill the hearts of all with the fire of your love and the desire to ensure justice for all our sisters and brothers. By sharing the good things you give us, may we secure justice and equality for every human being, and a human society built on love and peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Grant, O God, Your protection;
and in Your protection, strength;
and in strength, understanding;
and in understanding, knowledge;
and in knowledge, the knowledge of justice; and in the knowledge of justice, the love of it; and in the love, the love of existence; and in the love of all existence, the love of God and all goodness. — Ancient Welsh prayer
Prayer For Courts of Justice
Almighty God, you sit on the throne judging right: We humbly pray you to bless the courts of justice and the magistrates in all this land; and give to them the spirit of wisdom and understanding, that they may discern the truth, and impartially administer the law in the fear of you alone; through him who shall come to be our Judge, your Son our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
Justice Prayer For Friend
My friend, God is ready to send you help from Zion. The prayer for justice that the Lord gave me below is going to help you pray for Father’s intervention–asking Him to REVERSE unjust situations and bring JUSTICE and mercy on your behalf.
Work for the Common Good
Gracious God, you created us in your image: give us the grace to turn our anger and outrage to justice and compassion. Transform our pain so that we may transmit love. Strengthen our bodies and our minds and our hearts for the long, hard, holy work of reconciliation and justice. Enable us, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to bring about the Reign of God; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer to Be Aware of Injustice
Most High God, you made all things and all people. You know how we are wired and You’re no stranger to our sinful nature. By the power of Your Holy Spirit, God, make us aware of injustice. Let us reflect wholly Your goodness, and fairness. We confess the times we were ignorant to the issues of injustice. We pray the words of the apostle Paul over our lives, our minds and our hearts: “Finally, brothers and sister, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.” (Philippians 4:8 NIV) Father help us to advocate in a godly way for those who are marginalized, discriminated against, and suffering at the hands of injustice. Make us acutely aware, Father. May we, in love, confront and expose inequalities, and offer support, comfort and voice to victims of injustice.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
For Economic Justice
O Christ who fills the hungry with good things and sends the rich away empty, melt down and reshape our economy. Conquer the powers of exploitation, privilege and resentment which rule us now, and as righteous victor plunder the stolen and hoarded wealth of corporations, Wall Street, the rich, and the systems that prop them up. Pour all of it into reparations, fair trade, workers’ rights, healthcare, education, housing, infrastructure, and other social programs determined by our communities themselves. For thou art the Way out of economic death into abundant life, reigning with our Father and the Holy Spirit, one God now and forever. Amen.
Justice Prayer In Times of Conflict
O God you have bound us together in a common life. Help us, in the midst of our struggles for justice and truth, to confront one another without hatred or bitterness, and to work together with mutual forbearance and respect; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Praying for Change
God of Justice and of Mercy! Your servant Paul warned us that as we sow, so shall we reap. Your prophet Hosea warned us that if we sow the wind, we shall reap the whirlwind. So now, as we bow our heads into the force of the whirlwind, we must know deep down that this is not a momentary aberration or accident of the changing of the wind. As we gaze upon the strange fruit that we have produced we must know in our hearts and souls that this is not random mutation of our planting, but the result of years of sowing in blood and hate. And your church is complicit in sowing a system of injustice, our hands are not free of the blood and our hearts are not free of the hate.
Heartfelt Prayer for Justice
- Lord, we repent of the sin of favoritism — treating people based on appearances. Thank You for Your Word that corrects and sets us on the right path.
- Heavenly Father, we pray for the poorest and most vulnerable. Let us not just speak of justice, but let us act in just ways. May the oppressed and needy feel justice and equality and experience a world without hunger and poverty.
- Lord, we lament the many ways people are valued differently based on wealth, skin color, and other factors. Help us remember that You made every person in Your image and love each of us deeply.
Prayer for Mercy and Justice
Though we are to seek justice and speak up for truth, we are also to be peacekeepers. Let us be wise with our words, and passionate in our love for Your Truth. Paul wrote to Titus, “Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone” (Titus 3:1-2 NIV). By the power of Your Holy Spirit, God, help us to accomplish both justice and mercy in our daily lives. Father, we pray to be forward forgiving, especially towards those with opposing views. It is extremely hard to forgive those who wrong us and oppress others, but we do not want our hearts to be hardened by un-forgiveness. Give us strength, wisdom, and humility, Lord. You do not need our help to right the wrongs on this earth. Keep our egos in check. It is our privilege to participate in Your plan. To stand up, go, move, speak up, and love in Your Name. Thank You for including us. And praise Jesus, our Savior, who will return once again, to right every wrong.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Prayer for Justice
God grant that violence be overcome by the power of love,
that opposition give way to reconciliation
and that the desire to oppress be transformed
into the desire for forgiveness, justice and peace…
May peace be in our hearts
so that they are open to the action of God’s grace…
May all members of the family community,
especially children, the elderly, the weakest,
feel the warmth of this feast,
and may it extend subsequently to all the days in the year.
Justice Prayer Bible Verses
- “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him …” (Psalm 103:8-11).
- “For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment” (James 2:13).
- “But let justice run down like water, and righteousness like a mighty stream” (Amos 5:24).
- “You have a mighty arm; strong is Your hand, and high is Your right hand. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; mercy and truth go before Your face” (Psalm 89:13-14).
- “Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).