Letting go of anger from past mistakes, toxic family relationships, hurtful breakups, or lies can cause resentment in ones interaction with one another. Resentment and grudges stems from a place of hurt. It takes a big heart to let go and forgive someone that have wrong you and help you heal.
There’s an extraordinary healing power in taking the steps to forgive someone, or even yourself. Here are the best forgiveness quotes that will inspire change and a healthy way of thinking.
Forgiveness Quotes to Help You Let Go of the Past
- Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them. – Marvin J. Ashton
- Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons. — Jessica Lange
- “One always begins to forgive a place as soon as it’s left behind.”– Charles Dickens, Little Dorrit
- Though I was unaware of it at the time, that simple act of forgiveness was the beginning of an entirely new level of experiencing life for me. — Wayne Dyer
- I learned a long time ago that some people would rather die than forgive. It’s a strange truth, but forgiveness is a painful and difficult process. It’s not something that happens overnight. It’s an evolution of the heart. — Sue Monk Kidd
- “It is never too late to forgive ourselves for our past shortcomings and restore that feeling of excitement to our lives by living them with an attitude of positive expectancy! Then was then – and now is now.” — Don McArt
- “You cannot change the actions which led you to your situation now, but you can control your actions and thoughts as you move forward. It’s important to forgive, and let go.” — C Felder, FIRED
- Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life. — Joan Lunden
- Anger begets more anger, and forgiveness and love lead to more forgiveness and love. –Mahavira
Quotes About Forgiveness
- Certainly people make mistakes in their life. I’m no different, I’ve made mistakes. When people mess up, forgive them. When I mess up, I ask for forgiveness. – Michele Bachmann
- Forgive others as quickly as you expect God to forgive you.
- By having a forgiving attitude, you can change your life and the lives of the people you care about most. — Kathie M. Thomson
- Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore. — Albert Einstein
- When you choose to forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their power.
- Man has two great spiritual needs. One is for forgiveness. The other is for goodness. — Billy Graham
- It takes a strong person to say sorry, and an even stronger person to forgive.
- Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness. — Marianne Williamson
Quotes on the Power of Forgiveness (HEALING)
- Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.
- We ask for forgiveness. And we forgive others who ask us. In that way we can experience healing, healing in our souls. – Ed Dobsons
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.” Gandhi
- Forgiveness should start now. Putting off forgiving only deepens the wound. Clinging to bitterness postpones happiness. Life is short, time is fleeting. Today is the day to forgive. — Wilfred Peterson
- I think the first step is to understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself. – T.D. Jakes
- “Kindness and compassion lead to forgiveness.” — Tina Samples; Dave Samples
- “Life is so short. Grudges are a waste of time. Laugh when you can, apologise when you should, and trust God with what you cannot change.”– Nicky Gumbel
- “Forgiveness is not a feeling; it is a commitment. It is a choice to show mercy, not to hold the offence up against the offender. Forgiveness is an expression of love.” — Gary Chapman
- It’s toughest to forgive ourselves. So it’s probably best to start with other people. It’s almost like peeling an onion. Layer by layer, forgiving others, you really do get to the point where you can forgive yourself. — Patty Duke
- Forgiveness is the economy of the heart… forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits. — Hannah More