Ending your day with prayer is a wonderful way to let go of stress and find peace before falling asleep while also connecting to God. Wake up with God, but also end your day with God in prayer. Prayer allows you to reflect on your day and express gratitude and appreciation for your life.
Those of us who lead busy lives often find that when the day is over, we’re exhausted. Because of this fatigue, it can be hard for us to remember our nightly prayers. However, it’s through praying every night that you have the chance to feel loved and protected by God while you sleep. On this page you’ll find various powerful evening prayers for you and family to keep you close and safe.
Short Bedtime Prayer
- Above everything, protect my mind and actions so that the enemy might not get through to me.
- Heavenly Father, as I close this day with evening prayer, I thank You for all the blessings in my life – family, friends, love, hope, and a secure future.
- I thank You for Your presence in my life, and I pray that You give me wisdom and courage to deal with everything that comes my way tomorrow.
- Dear God, as I lay down to sleep, release the stress and tension in my body. Calm my thoughts and remove all restlessness.
- Help me to trust You with my life. Direct my steps and let me walk in Your ways. Dear Father, continue speaking to me every moment of every day. Allow me to know a perfect peace that only You can provide.
- Lord, I pray and ask that You give me the wisdom to deal with my circumstances. Light my pathway through the dark tunnel. Grant me restful sleep tonight, in Jesus’ name, Amen!
Family Bedtime Prayer
Thank you God, for this day,
Thank you for our family.
We’re sorry for the things we did that didn’t make you happy.
Help us to be better people, help us love each other.
Help us honor you, our Father.
Bless the people of the world.
Bless our loved ones, far and near.
Finally, we lift up to You
This request for You to hear:
(Insert any special intention)
We love You, Lord.
— Victor, Grace, Kaira, Nikia and Xavio Fenix
Prayers for Better Sleep
Almighty God, I can’t sleep. I’m tossing and turning again. I’m so thankful You never grow weary, and You never sleep. I’m thankful that You are here with me right now, even when my mind won’t stop churning, and my head won’t stop spinning. I need You, Good Shepherd, because counting sheep doesn’t work. Would you comfort my heart, as only You can? Will You rescue me from my own spiral of thoughts? For I know that when I trust in You, peace like a river overflows my soul, and I can praise You in advance for sweet rest. Amen.
Prayer Of Thanksgiving In The Evening
Praise Your holy name Heavenly Father, for granting yet another day in my life and for being with me every step of the way. Thank You for the many blessings that You have provided and the love and fellowship that I have with the friends and family that in Your grace You have placed in my life.
My heart is so thankful for all the many blessings that I enjoy day by day, and today I am once again reminded that Your mercies are new every morning and Your faithfulness endures from generation to generation.
Thank You, that I have been brought into Your family and have been made a child of God and a citizen of heaven. Words cannot express my love and devotion to You Lord
I pray that You would watch over me as I rest tonight, and that You would give me a restful nights sleep so that I may wake up in the morning refreshed in body and spirit and ready to do Your will. Guard all those that I love and may we all grow in grace and in a knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ in the days that lie ahead. This I ask in His precious name,
Evening Prayer for Family
- Lord Jesus, please bless me and my family. Under your protection fill our life in harmony, hope and health. I pray for a sign of mercy, rescue us with a financial miracle out of debts. Let us find peace and able to live in a house with nature and fill our hearts with the holy spirit. I pray to all saints and our holy mother Mary, lord have mercy, Amen.
- Keep family friends and universe healthy and protection from this corona virus.
Destroy this evil force because the world is looking for you Jesus. You are our hope and protection. Please destroys this now so your church doors can be open again.
I pray in Jesus Name. Thank You Lord for answered prayer. Amen
Prayer In The Evening
O Lord, support us all the day long, until the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over, and our work is done. Then in your mercy, grant us a safe lodging, and a holy rest, and peace at the last. Amen.
A Child’s Bedtime Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
Watch and guard me through the night,
and wake me with the morning light.
Biblical Night-time Prayer
For God’s not given me a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, and of power, and a sound mind, to live each day and glorify his name. — 2 Timothy 1:7
Evening Prayer from the Bible
Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice! — Psalm 141:2 ESV
Evening Prayer When You’re Afraid
Lord, we know that your word reminds us over and over that we do not have to fear. We know that you are with us and your protection and Presence and powerful. We ask for that you would cover us and remind us that you have stationed your angels around us to guard us in all our ways. Thank you that you never sleep or slumber, you are constantly watching over us, constantly aware, so we can get some sleep. We choose faith over fear right now and ask that you would surround us with your peace. — Debbie McDaniel
Evening Prayer for Safety and Protection
Lord of Hosts, Gracious Father, and Protector of mankind, I pray to You today for safety and protection. Knowing Your promise to keep us from harm, I believe and trust that my family and myself are safe in Your protective arms.
Prayer Before Sleep
Dear God, as I lay me down to sleep,
relax the tension of my body;
calm the restlessness of my mind;
still the thoughts which worry and perplex me.
Help me to rest myself and all my problems in your strong and loving arms.
Let your Spirit speak to my mind and heart while I am
asleep, so that, when I wake up in the morning,
I may find that I have received in the night-time,
light for my way;
strength for my tasks;
peace for my worries;
forgiveness for my sins.
Grant me sleep tonight, and tomorrow power to live.
Prayer for the End of the Day
Heavenly Father, My prayer this evening is…I adore You and thank you for all the graces You have given me this day.
I offer You my sleep, my dreams, and all the moments of this night.
I pray that you give me rest so that I may wake to Your holy face.
Please pour out Your blessings upon me, for You are the answer to all things, and You alone. Amen.
Evening Prayer for Peace
- Lord God, Yours is never-ceasing mercy. You called us when we were unworthy and for that, I will forever remain thankful.
- O Lord, let your tranquility dwell among us, and let your peace remain in our hearts. May our voices proclaim your truth, and may your cross be the guardian of our souls. O Lord, make us bold, make us worthy to offer to you pure and holy prayer; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Source: Liturgy of the Nestorians, fifth century
- You pulled me from the jaws of evil and brought me into Your loving closure for protection and peace. Thank you for your peace and protection. Take me safely through the night. I praise and glorify your name, Amen.